Why Pi ?
Why did we chose Pi (π) as our logo?
First, We chose Pi (π) as our logo because Pi (π) is constant, infinite, yet simple and complex. These are the same qualities of Pi Chai. You can taste the difference from your very first sip.
Second, The beauty of mathematics is everywhere and in everything we do, including making and creating Pi Chai. We chose to honor our relationship with mathematics by choosing its most important and intriguing number…Pi (π)
Lastly, “Pi” just rhymed nicely with “Chai”.
Contemplate Pi While Drinking Your Chai
Here are some fun Pi (π) facts:
- Circumference/diameter = π = 3.1415926535............
- Pi is an irrational number, and has an infinite number of digits with no repeating pattern.
- Pi-Day (3/14) is also Albert Einstein's Birthday. Coincidence?...Einstein's field equation relating the curvature of spacetime to energy sources, which serves as the bedrock principle of general relativity, includes Pi (π).
- Pi value have been calculated to more than 5 trillion digits beyond its decimal points. Chao Lu holds the world record for remembering the value of Pi up to 67,890 digits.
- There are 6 nines in a row at position 763, which is known as the Feynman Point.
- Pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, and this ratio is constant regardless of the circle's size.
- "Pi" is the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet just as "P" is the 16th of our alphabet.
- William Jones introduced the symbol "π" in 1706, and it was later popularized by Leonhard Euler in 1737.
- One of the earliest known records of Pi was written by an Egyptian scribe named Ahmes (c. 1650 B.C.) on what is now known as the Rhind Papyrus. He was off by less than 1% of the modern approximation of Pi (3.141592).